Saturday, January 2, 2021

Wet and windy : January 2

Louise Penny and Magda Szabo are known quantities; I heard a snippet of Elif Shafek on NPR and it was intriguing. (Candle was an impulse buy at 40 percent off)
 
Today was, as the subject line suggests, ideal for cycling only if you're a little bit mad--or maybe if you live in Seattle and don't want to spend all winter indoors.  Paper Boat Booksellers had all three of the books I wanted in stock, and Scott was more than game for a ride in the wind and the rain so we headed out. The "drops" hitting our face as we headed south felt like handfuls of small gravel, but the tailwind made the return ride pretty easy and it felt relatively dry, though that's just because the wet was at our backs. As I noted yesterday, I really need to treat my cycling jacket with some sort of water-repellent; even on this short ride my arms got soaked.

It felt a lot more intense than this, I assure you.

For the year--woohoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment