Friday, January 22, 2021

Today's highlight: Rolf Neslund

Zoom in on the explanatory text if you can

Another day in which the mileage was the old work commute so scarcely more than four miles. The photo above was taken back in early December, but it was on today's route as well so I say it counts. It's the sort of odd thing that pops up unexpectedly in out of the way spots in West Seattle. I'm not sure if it's official in some way or a bit of guerrilla public art. 

 I am ahead of last year's January mileage. That's something, right? 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the history lesson. It made me google until I found this gem:

    https://westseattleblog.com/2020/10/sculpture-saga-rolf-returns-to-the-west-seattle-bridge-side-trail/

    Definitely a work of guerilla art -- well played, Center For General Annoyance -- well played!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for someone willing to do the googling I'm too lazy to do myself. I see there was an earlier iteration that I missed entirely.

    ReplyDelete