Saturday, January 9, 2021

Crappy, lousy, no-good day

The photo really fails to capture the extent of the horror.

It was a pretty lousy awful day at the end of a universally crappy week (though, I force myself to remember, such excellent results in Georgia). The work day had me feeling like I was only getting further and further behind. There was no biking. It has been a month since I last held Gradka.
Some evenings call for a glass of rye and absinthe.

  The sort of day that, when it finally ended, really called for sazaracs and, a few hours later, starting cinnamon rolls for tomorrow morning.

It has been ages since I last made cinnamon rolls; fingers crossed.
And now I've done something to screw up the formatting here which, really, comes as no surprise. I heard that someone declared that after the one-week free trial of 2021 they didn't want to subscribe to the year; that pretty much sums up my feelings entirely.

2 comments:

  1. My condolences on the crappy no good day, and on the absence of the beloved Gradka.

    Definitely seems like a sazarac and cinnamon roll kind of day indeed. I do hope the rolls were scrumptious this morning.

    On a side note, are you going to answer my query in your 2020 books read post, or do you have no advice to give? I do so hate to nag, yet I also do so hate a lack of closure. It tasks me.

    I hope you can make up the biking lapse over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cinnamon rolls suffered somewhat from a) being refrigerated during their second rising and b) my foolishly forgetting to use brown sugar and using cinnamon/white sugar instead; I really *was* messed up yesterday, but we've bravely worried a few down.

    We went for a decent ride this afternoon though not to Queen Anne to see the snowy owl; it turns out to be on the top of the hill and that's just beyond my ambition or ability.

    See other post for response and apology about 2020 books.

    ReplyDelete