Sunday, January 17, 2021

So unfair

 

Farmers Market tulips from Alm Hill Gardens
 

Yesterday we walked rather than biked and today's ride registers as a piddly 8.7 miles which I consider most unfair; there was a ton of uphill and I feel elevation gain miles should count double. Do I feel that long coasts shouldn't count at all? Of course not. I'm not crazy. 

Anyway, most of today's miles, such as they were, came after we'd visited the farmers market where there's not a ton of produce these days--and Stephane was MIA again which means I should be making bread. Instead I've been taking down the Christmas tree and chopping it up, such being the mid-January tradition. The holy family is packed away as well. On yesterday's walk we saw the three magi joy-riding in the back of a pick-up truck. One wonders what else they get up to in the off-season.

Today, however, I suggested we tack on a few miles doing a reverse of our usual Alki-Lincoln Park loop but then switched to heading up to The Original Bakery which I always think of as being in my brother's old neighborhood. Of course it wasn't up the hill I thought it was, it was up another hill and then I felt we should continue east in our loop back home which meant, sadly, more hill. But at least we had baked goods. And apples and tulips. And now a living room that feels unusually spacious. It still smells like pine needles around here though.



No comments:

Post a Comment