Sunday, February 28, 2021

Two months in update

Downtown in the distance; Starbucks HQ is the tiny bump to the right of the two right-most cranes

Two months into 2021, I'm at 265 miles on the year which seems not so bad, all things considered. Less encouraging, of course, is that I seem to ride more slowly all the time and to find hills more challenging rather than less. Or maybe it's the final slow but steady half mile of relentless incline that kills me every time. Whatever. The weather was decidedly blah this today, but this morning's ride to the farmers market seemed like not enough for the last day of the month so I nosed around online to find a bakery that still had croissants available and we rode to the Fresh Flours in the South Lake Union neighborhood, adding a bit more than twelve miles to the month's numbers. And, okay, some might suggest we now have an excessive supply of baked goods in the house--and maybe it's the baked goods that make me struggle more cycing--but you won't hear me saying any such thing.

The South Lake Union Fresh Flours exterior lacks the charm of our West Seattle store.

 It's late so I record hastily that the grapes have been pruned and the peas planted. It looks like Mr Oxman will be coming by to deal with the sickly old cherry tree in the corner this week. In short, life goes on; I'm not sure why.

Stats as of February 28, 2021




2 comments:

  1. I pruned the seven roses (hybrid teas) here. Your garden reports make me wish for more interesting plants.
    Good job on the cycling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't prune roses until the Feast of St Joseph. I'd like to pretend that it was concern for late frosts, but really I just lack the energy to deal with more pruning in February. The pruned grape vines are still covering half the patio. How long until I get to retire? (Oh, the answer is "never.")

      Delete