Friday, February 12, 2021

Snowy weekend prep by bike


Life-sustaining supplies: books, hand lotion, beer
 

I'm not saying anything about how long it took me to get the photo above saved properly, nor how many hours of a day I was supposedly furloughing that I instead worked*, but instead I'm sharing that the snow has been coming down for some hours, I'm told, and the street in front of our house is now quite white with snow. It's fortunate that we wisely took a bicycle break this afternoon--before the snow resumed and while the streets were bare--to visit Paper Boat Booksellers as well as the local award-winning brewpub, Good Society. We've never had anything from Good Society before, and I haven't a clue what a "kolsch" is, really, but it seemed best to lay in supplies while we could. I think we're set for ham hocks and guitar strings.

 

 

*I lie: about a quarter of an hour and more than eight hours, damn it

2 comments:

  1. My snow supplies include chocolate, Thai food, and drawing paper. I shoveled an inch of snow off the drive yesterday, and woke up this morning to another six. How is it going in your neck'o'the woods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It snowed all damned night! Scott is out shoveling the sidewalk, walks, and porch now but it's still coming down, and the backyard is a madhouse of small birds. I'm just hoping the sickly siskins stay away.

      Delete