Sunday, April 1, 2018

Gecko Foolery

I'd sort of like for this to be an April's Fools' joke, but it's not. Geico sent Scott and me separate solicitations last week. Here they are:

The Lady of the House needs a lot of detail
whereas the man says, "Ooooh! Gecko!"

This isn't the first time Geico has provided some junk mail amusement; a month or two back the letter to me was pretty much the same blah blah responsible family finance blah, while the one to Scott was all about sports.

I really expect better from a lizard.

2 comments:

  1. I have reached the age where I'm being solicited by cemeteries and funeral homes, so be thankful that at least someone thinks you have plenty of driving years left! Of course, the most amusing part of Geico's misguided efforts is the fact that neither one of you owns an actual motor vehicle. Clearly they have not been studying their Facebook statistical reports very closely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the AARP has been after me for years, and I also got something from a funeral home last week. I think appealing to Scott with a final four scheme (the earlier mailing) is the most absurd aspect. Of course, he's not on FB so he's more of a challenge. Maybe that's why this letter for him was essentially blank.

    ReplyDelete