Saturday, March 17, 2018

Back yard update in photos


Gato lion, cleaned of some moss
If there's one thing I never bother to resist, it's then and now photos pertaining to the house. Today, I mowed the lawn (such as it is) for the first time in 2018, and then, the weather being intermittently pleasant, I took some photos. Seeing as it was more a yard work than a photo-taking day, I took the photos with the iPad--and then had to deal with figuring out how to get them off the iPad and over to blogger. My life, she is so hard.
The "then" photo (to which I keep returning); the backyard circa 2009
And the latest "now" photo, the backyard this afternoon (March, 2018)
The cherry--the tree in the right foreground--lost a major limb a few years back.  I'm really not entirely sure what the rest of the branchiness is in the current photo.

And, because it was a somewhat lovely day and I frequently need to be reminded that not all is dark and dreary:

Clematis which blooms early and smells lovely
Lenten roses that have recovered nicely from February's late snow and frost
Budding magnolia against some cumulus clouds and blue sky

No comments:

Post a Comment