Saturday, April 21, 2018

Pre-Earth-Day Tea

Cake service at the tea table. Despite having each filled and emptied our plates half a  dozen times, we managed to worry down healthy slices of cake too.
After far, far too long (and a bit of gentle nagging), we finally hosted a tea at our house again. The group is reduced from the olden days, but somehow that didn't stop me from making the same number of sandwiches--or possibly *more* sandwiches than normal as I realized late yesterday that I'd forgotten all about getting crumpets. That's just how out of practice I am. It was, I believe, a good time during which we all ate far too much, drank gallons of tea, interrupted each other's stories, and laughed about things like owls riding motorcycles. The wider world was largely ignored which, you know, is sometimes a good thing. The weather teased about being nice enough to set up outside earlier in the day, but by the time 2:00 rolled around, it was clear that we'd be staying inside. There were a few brief interludes during which we could take turns in the garden.

 The purpose of this post is to share photos, so that's what I'm going to do, pausing only long enough to note that tea with old friends should happen more often.

The consensus was that tulips that look like they are growing wild is a fine look.
I call this an homage to Old Dutch Masters. I'm sure they enjoyed a well-catered tea.

What can I say? I can never resist a shot of post-party dishes.
The amazing Earth Day cake Christine created. I like the way the umbrellas on the curtains look like they're part of the bouquet.



No comments:

Post a Comment