Sunday, October 30, 2022

Weekend snaps as fall hits Seattle


Some variation of this art has appeared on this rock in Lincoln Park for several months now.



 
The weather has definitely taken a turn for the cool and wet, but I've promised not to complain about it until at least mid-November. We should be shifting tomatoes in to hang (but where?) to ripen and planting all those bulbs we so optimistically ordered back in August that showed up ten days ago, but that doesn't seem to be happening quite yet. Instead, we went for a ride yesterday and today I'm just a bit out of it. So, some photos:
The 100 VoteForward letters dropped into the outgoing mail slot at the post office on Saturday

We celebrated by breaking our ride at Alki for lunch from Pepperdock. We had some attentive company.

Today was HarvestFest at the West Seattle Junction, as well as the usual farmers market:


Ukelele-playing dog

Shark!!! 

Fan-girl watching the band



The band (--it felt a lot like a return to the old days of tree-lighting)

Little girl just watching stuff

Heading into the final months of the year, I'm just over a hundred miles short of my goal for the year:



2 comments:

  1. When I first saw the start of the post title, "Weekend snaps", I wondered what the weekend was so upset about, until I remembered that "snaps" can also mean "photos" though I haven't heard anyone use that slang for a gazillion years. They are, of course, lovely snaps, especially the one of Alki Beach, though my favorite is the ukelele dog. It does look like a lovely time with old-fashioned fun. Keep on cyclin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think you'd like the dog. He would *not* hold still long enough for me to get an in-focus shot. Twenty-three skidoo!

      Delete