Sunday, January 2, 2022

2021 biking final numbers

It turned out to be a good thing that Scott and I went for a ride on the 24th because, as it happened, that was our last real opportunity of the year, or so I pretend because we could have and should have biked Christmas Day. Who knew it would truly snow and the roads be a treacherous, icy mess into 2022? Well, those who actually believe weather forecasts, perhaps . . .

But with the ride on the 24th, I reached the goal I set sometime in November, namely to get to 1800 miles in the year, aka 256 miles more than I managed in 2020. I should, I imagine, be serious and dedicated and ambitious and set a goal of 2000 miles for 2022, but that seems like quite a stretch, what with one thing and another, so I hesitate.

For now, while it continues too slushy and nasty to shift Bessie out of the garage at all, I bask in last year's accommplishment:

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on achieving your goal, well done! I imagine you are off to a slow start this year. So am I, when it comes to walking. Haven't set a goal, but the app that tracks my distance, which I started using after signing up for those virtual walks in June 2021, tells me that I walked 660 miles since then. Which would seem to mean I could conceivably walk 1200 miles in one year. Hm. Given the heat here in Summer and the cold in Winter, I'm thinking 1,000 miles in 2022 wouldn't be a bad goal.

    2000 miles by bicycle, goodness, that would be amazing. I hope the snow/slush/rain/whatever clears up soon so you can get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Inspired by your comment, I've gone ahead and set a goal of 2000 miles for 2022. I got out today for a ride to the grocery store so I have only 1995.6 miles to go. (I got off and pushed Bessie down one steepish, slushy block because I didn't want to deal with the mess if she should tip over--today was the first day I could even seriously *try* to ride.) I'm sure you can manage 1000 miles, as long as you don't run out of foreign lands to travel vicariously/virtually.

      Delete