Monday, May 27, 2019

2019 Book Bingo, Day 1

It's Memorial Day which means that this year's Seattle Public Library/Seattle Arts & Lectures Summer Reading Bingo has kicked off. I toy with the idea of keeping track of my progress here; we'll see what I actually do.

I am falling behind pretty much immediately though I spent much of the day in an Adirondack chair in the backyard, reading. My book is The Slaves of Solitude which I started some time last week which means, I think, that I can't count it as a book bingo entry since I didn't start it on Memorial Day or later. And, aside from the fiction square, which I always like to save, it doesn't fit any category anyway. So I kick off book bingo season by reading a book that won't end up on my card. So it goes.


Honestly, I find a lot of these squares a challenge to fill--suggestions welcome!

4 comments:

  1. "about music or musicians": I'll Take You There: Mavis Staples, the Staple Singers, and the March Up Freedom's Highway by Greg Kot. Highly engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks--I'll look for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you should read "Mozart's Journey to Prague." It's amusing, it's only about 100 pages, and we have it on our shelf.

    For "true crime," I'm going to read the Mueller report.

    ReplyDelete